Dr. Hallman's May 2025 Grads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Francis

About SafeAssign Empty About SafeAssign

Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:47 pm
I wanted to ask if I know that students can use SafeAssign for plagiarism checkers. Do you have any idea or know how Students can use SafeAssign to scan our work to ensure it is below 5% plagiarism? I am aware that Grammarly has a plagiarism checker, but SafeAssign is what the school uses. Have a happy weekend Dan. Thank you for always posting and commenting as we move along.
Admin
Admin
https://drhallmanmay2025grad.forumotion.com

About SafeAssign Empty Re: About SafeAssign

Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:15 pm
Francis wrote:I wanted to ask if I know that students can use SafeAssign for plagiarism checkers. Do you have any idea or know how Students can use SafeAssign to scan our work to ensure it is below 5% plagiarism? I am aware that Grammarly has a plagiarism checker, but SafeAssign is what the school uses. Have a happy weekend Dan. Thank you for always posting and commenting as we move along.

If you go into Blacboard and click on your courses, you should see a section titled Student Training. In the content list, Topic 3 has a link to submit a SafeAssign draft to check your plagiarism percentage.
Francis

Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:26 pm
Thank you, Dan, for the explanation; I initially went there, but I do not know if SafeAssign will absorb our work when we use it to run a plagiarism check. What I mean is, are you sure it won't add our work to the global database when we use it? If it does add our work, when we finally submit it to Dr Hallman during the final page submission, Dr. Hallman will notice a high plagiarism index.
Admin
Admin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:51 pm
Francis wrote:Thank you, Dan, for the explanation; I initially went there, but I do not know if SafeAssign will absorb our work when we use it to run a plagiarism check. What I mean is, are you sure it won't add our work to the global database when we use it? If it does add our work, when we finally submit it to Dr Hallman during the final page submission, Dr. Hallman will notice a high plagiarism index.

It will not submit it to the global database. Additionally, even if that plagiarism number is up there, Dr. Hallman can see that the source document is actually yours.

Francis likes this post

Francis

Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:59 pm
So, during the writing and submission of Chapter 2, I had to write Dr. Hallman because he gave me feedback on plagiarism of up to 60%. I had to check for the source, and all this while it had been matching my previous papers, and Dr Hallman marked me down for plagiarism. After I explained to him to check the source because there was no plagiarism; instead, the latest submission was referring to the previous global submitted work. So this is the reason why I wanted to be sure this student's own version of SafeAssign won't be submitting our work to the global database such that when we finally submit our work, there will be a high plagiarism index. Thank you, Dan, for pointing out that it doesn't submit to the global database.
Admin
Admin

Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:07 am
Francis wrote:So, during the writing and submission of Chapter 2, I had to write Dr. Hallman because he gave me feedback on plagiarism of up to 60%. I had to check for the source, and all this while it had been matching my previous papers, and Dr Hallman marked me down for plagiarism. After I explained to him to check the source because there was no plagiarism; instead, the latest submission was referring to the previous global submitted work. So this is the reason why I wanted to be sure this student's own version of SafeAssign won't be submitting our work to the global database such that when we finally submit our work, there will be a high plagiarism index. Thank you, Dan, for pointing out that it doesn't submit to the global database.

That's not right at all. It should be obvious to anyone it's not plagiarism. If that impacted my GPA or class standing, I would file a complaint with the school. I know it doesn't create the best atmosphere, but it's ridiculous to have to deal with that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum