Dr. Hallman's May 2025 Grads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Francis

About Post Doc Empty About Post Doc

Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:08 pm
How are you doing, Dan? I wanted to ask you if you plan to do a postdoc after getting your PhD, work as an Adjunct, or continue your current work. And do you know if Post Doc is a requirement before someone gets hired as an Adjunct or a full-time Faculty Professor?
Admin
Admin
https://drhallmanmay2025grad.forumotion.com

About Post Doc Empty Re: About Post Doc

Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:39 pm
Francis wrote:How are you doing, Dan? I wanted to ask you if you plan to do a postdoc after getting your PhD, work as an Adjunct, or continue your current work. And do you know if Post Doc is a requirement before someone gets hired as an Adjunct or a full-time Faculty Professor?

So, I don't have any plans to do anything postdoc. There aren't any(or very few) postdoc programs with this particular degree background. Additionally, I'd rather do research in the private/non-profit sector. A postdoc isn't a requirement to teach. At most institutions, you don't even need a doctorate to teach. I teach as an adjunct at a few places, and a Master's is the minimum. What helped me get hired was that I did corporate training as an instructor for 6 years. I just recently took a job as a full-time Associate Professor, but I had to be in a PhD program to qualify.

Francis likes this post

Francis

Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:45 pm
Thank you, Dan, for enlightening me; I will go in for an Adjunct or full-time faculty job once I am done with this course. Thank you for your feedback.
Admin
Admin
https://drhallmanmay2025grad.forumotion.com

Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:21 am
Francis wrote:Thank you, Dan, for enlightening me; I will go in for an Adjunct or full-time faculty job once I am done with this course. Thank you for your feedback.

You're welcome!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum