Dr. Hallman's May 2025 Grads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Francis

IRB Approval Empty IRB Approval

Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:41 pm
So i have gotten an IRB Approval, which means I can go ahead with data collection right? and also Dr Hallman just gave me a fail/schedule remark in Comprehensive exam on the blackboard score. Whereas when I login to the comprehensive exam section it says You Passed your Comp exam.

I have emailed Dr Hallman with the screenshot which shows I passed. I really dont know why it is taking Dr Peterson so long to fully grade everyone who took their Comp exam especially those who took it within the 2nd batch (mine was on 21st June).

Even the dissertation portal is not yet updated. How have you been? I guess by now, you must have started data collection. also do you have any idea how many weeks it takes to start 930 course.
Admin
Admin
https://drhallmanmay2025grad.forumotion.com

IRB Approval Empty Re: IRB Approval

Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:44 pm
Francis wrote:So i have gotten an IRB Approval, which means I can go ahead with data collection right? and also Dr Hallman just gave me a fail/schedule remark in Comprehensive exam on the blackboard score. Whereas when I login to the comprehensive exam section it says You Passed your Comp exam.

I have emailed Dr Hallman with the screenshot which shows I passed. I really dont know why it is taking Dr Peterson so long to fully grade everyone who took their Comp exam especially those who took it within the 2nd batch (mine was on 21st June).

Even the dissertation portal is not yet updated. How have you been? I guess by now, you must have started data collection. also do you have any idea how many weeks it takes to start 930 course.

So yes, you can go ahead and collect data. However, I double-checked with Hallman right before, and I'm glad I did since he reviewed my survey one last time before I went live. And that's crazy that he didn't mark you as passed. It's also kinda crazy they haven't updated it in the dissertation portal. I would also email Dr. Peterson to make sure everything is good.

I have started data collection. I have 88 more responses to collect, and I'll be finished. As far as 930 goes, we'll be starting it immediately after this class ends for the semester. My hope is to have the data collection finished and submit Ch 4 as early as possible for review by everyone, then start Ch 5 in 930. This is why I was asking what the earliest possible date to defend is so I can try to finish as early as possible in 931.

Francis likes this post

Francis

Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:52 pm
It is highly possible we may defend towards the end of December 2024, I believe you have no other remaining course except 931 and 931, if so then this December should be the time for defense if no other delay. You are on the right track; keep pushing.
Admin
Admin

Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:00 pm
Francis wrote:It is highly possible we may defend towards the end of December 2024, I believe you have no other remaining course except 931 and 931, if so then this December should be the time for defense if no other delay. You are on the right track; keep pushing.

I think the earliest we could defend is March 2025. 930 is still 16 weeks even if you collect data and write Ch. 5 early, and you must be in 930 and 931 to meet the requirements.
Francis

Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:03 pm
Thank you for updating me, well March 2025 will soon be around the corner.
Admin
Admin

Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:05 pm
Francis wrote:Thank you for updating me, well March 2025 will soon be around the corner.

For sure, the thought of being finished in ~ 6 months is a welcome one.

Francis likes this post

Francis

Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:07 pm
Yes, you are right; graduation is around the corner.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum