Dr. Hallman's May 2025 Grads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://drhallmanmay2025grad.forumotion.com

Week 11 Draft Submittal Empty Week 11 Draft Submittal

Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:01 pm
Hoping everyone had the ability to submit their draft. I'm concerned about not getting timely feedback since there's only a few week gap between draft and final submittal. I still haven't received a grade on my week 10 assignment.

Francis likes this post

Francis

Week 11 Draft Submittal Empty Re: Week 11 Draft Submittal

Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:40 pm
So, I received week 10 grading and feedback today. I think Dr. Hallman is taking his time to grade it; remember that the first draft contains chapters 1-3, and he may have to run Grammarly online on them and be able to give feedback. So, the 839 course itself ends on the 21st of August, 2024. He will give you feedback today or tomorrow. You are doing great, sir.
Admin
Admin

Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:56 am
Francis wrote:So, I received week 10 grading and feedback today. I think Dr. Hallman is taking his time to grade it; remember that the first draft contains chapters 1-3, and he may have to run Grammarly online on them and be able to give feedback. So, the 839 course itself ends on the 21st of August, 2024. He will give you feedback today or tomorrow. You are doing great, sir.
I forgot to mention that I received grading the same day, too. I will let you know as soon as I receive feedback on my draft.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Francis likes this post

Francis

Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:51 pm
Sounds good. Thank you
Admin
Admin

Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:45 pm
Francis wrote:Sounds good. Thank you

Still no grade yet for your Ch 11 draft?
Francis

Sun Aug 04, 2024 5:06 pm
He has graded the week 10 paper not 11.

Last edited by Francis on Sun Aug 04, 2024 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

Sun Aug 04, 2024 5:17 pm
Francis wrote:He has graded the week 11 paper.
When did you get your grade? I'm still waiting...
Francis

Sun Aug 04, 2024 5:44 pm
Hello Dan, I have not submitted my week 11, but I will do so today. In the last class meeting I heard Dr Hall say that he will grade them based on first to submit and then move in that line till all are graded.
Admin
Admin

Sun Aug 04, 2024 5:58 pm
Francis wrote:Hello Dan, I have not submitted my week 11, but I will do so today. In the last class meeting I heard Dr Hall say that he will grade them based on first to submit and then move in that line till all are graded.

Gotcha, I thought you meant that you had gotten yours back. It's making me nervous since he wants the final drafts submitted on Friday so he can grade them. I've been waiting 2 weeks for him to grade mine and sometimes it does take a few days to incorporate his recommended changes.
Francis

Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:01 pm
Since he is the only one grading them remember that week 1-3 is upwards of 80 pages and above, and just our class alone should be about 8 to 10 students. I guess that's why it is taking him time to read and grade. Class will end 21st August.
Admin
Admin

Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:04 pm
Francis wrote:Since he is the only one grading them remember that week 1-3 is upwards of 80 pages and above, and just our class alone should be about 8 to 10 students. I guess that's why it is taking him time to read and grade. Class will end 21st August.

Oh, I know he's overwhelmed with grading. It's still not helpful, though, since we only have 17 days left for a final draft, practical connection, and presentation. I'm not going to push the issue with him since I feel it results in unwanted scrutiny, but it doesn't set you up for success.

Francis likes this post

Francis

Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:10 pm
I strongly believe you will get your week 11 graded this week as Dr Hallman is busy working on them.
Admin
Admin

Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:35 pm
Francis wrote:I strongly believe you will get your week 11 graded this week as Dr Hallman is busy working on them.
Just FYI, I got my score back tonight.

Francis likes this post

Francis

Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:37 pm
Thats good to know.
Admin
Admin

Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:16 pm
Francis wrote:Thats good to know.
I reviewed his feedback, and he's still flagging words in Grammarly. However, I started using the desktop app since the web version will not allow me to upload the whole paper, and there are zero words underlined that aren't people's names in references.
Francis

Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:23 am
Hi Dan, i perfectly understood what you are saying, the online grammerly won't allow you to upload the whole chapter 1-3, rather the best approach is to upload only chapter one then run the errors check, after fixing the errors, download it abd update your chapter one. Do the same for chapter two and also chapter three. You might have to break chapter two into two to be able to run grammarly. So Dr Hallman gave me feedback yesterday for my chap 1-3. He said i have over 70 grammarly errors to correct and some other areas he corrected. The fact is that I wish grammarly app that works with Ms Word would have been updated by Grammarly to work as same as the online version so as to enable us avoid this extra work we have to do with with uploading on Online grammarly. I will make all corrections ans resubmit again by 10th Aug, since this course will end on Aug 21st
Admin
Admin

Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:57 am
Francis wrote:Hi Dan, i perfectly understood what you are saying, the online grammerly won't allow you to upload the whole chapter 1-3, rather the best approach is to upload only chapter one then run the errors check, after fixing the errors, download it abd update your chapter one. Do the same for chapter two and also chapter three. You might have to break chapter two into two to be able to run grammarly. So Dr Hallman gave me feedback yesterday for my chap 1-3. He said i have over 70 grammarly errors to correct and some other areas he corrected. The fact is that I wish grammarly app that works with Ms Word would have been updated by Grammarly to work as same as the online version so as to enable us avoid this extra work we have to do with with uploading on Online grammarly. I will make all corrections ans resubmit again by 10th Aug, since this course will end on Aug 21st

So, I've done exactly what you've said before in 736. I don't think there is much difference between Grammarly online and their desktop application. Both are flagging the same things when I input them in the online app or if I'm just using Word, but not all the time. If I reload either app, there can be some differences. Either way, it also has issues with fixing the same word over and over again. A perfect example is real-time. It constantly wants to rewrite it as real time, then tries to hyphenate the word again as a suggestion. It can be helpful, but I find myself having to ignore a large portion of their suggestions since it doesn't make sense.

Francis likes this post

Francis

Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:05 pm
So you maybe right about the desktop grammarly app and its online web format. The issue now is when the desktop grammarly app shows no further erros and you may think all is well now and you upload same document to the online grammarly, here you go, you will see around 40 or more grammarly errors spring all up for you to correct. So Dr Hallmanbruns with the online grammarly, that is the reason he always has grammarly errors all loaded, and he then cites it for us to fix. You are doing great, and at this stage we are rounding up. Grammarly will never stop changing its way of always finding errors
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum